Saturday, May 4, 2013

The journey begins.

On a journey to what I do not know I do not know.
I was once at a self improvement workshop where I was told the three truths we live in. We live in what we know that we know. We live in what we know we do not know. And we live in what we do not know that we do not know.
In a weeks I will be traveling on a journey where I will be in the throws of not knowing anything that I have thought I knew. How people think, what they eat, how they cook, even the act of acceptance of me by their culture and religions are areas I have never been exposed to.
Surprise! Life is to change for the six weeks I will be in Tanzania. The languages that I will be surrounded with, the music I will be hearing, the salutations and show of respect that people show each other will be new and different. All I have read, all I have been told is only a small part of what I need to know.
I do know that the pace of doing anything will be a lot slower then I am used to. My way of do, do do, get it done now fast pace of living is sorely going to be clobbered. All of what I am thinking I will be achieving will probably not happen. So what am I doing going someplace where I seem to not have any control of my environment? How I can teach, even what  will teach?  Don't ask me. Ask God.
I always wanted to go to Africa and serve people. I know I can serve people here where I live. I do that everyday. It is easy. I do believe God wants me to challenge myself. I know it must seem totally nuts for God to challenge me at 69 years old.
Well, you have to admit it does sound incomprehensibly fabulous to be able to go and teach art in Africa. This, to me, is a love gift from God to me. It is easy to say yes to do something that uses ones passions. Glorifying God making and teaching art is my passions.
I will be updating everyone on my blog about my trip. You will have to bare with me and all my mistakes I do not catch before you read what I say. My beloved Glee, who always corrected my writing will be back here thousands of miles away from me.
So here I go.
Reply
Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment