Saturday, May 25, 2013

Thurday May 23

This morning we woke up to the "tricker treat-tricker treat-tricker treat bird. We had freshed squeezed pinapple, orange, and papia juice. Yum! We ate hard boiled eggs and fresh bread. While we were eating we heard loud singing and music playing outdoors. It was the Chior from the church. They were recording in the yard next door. All dressed up and singing and dancing to church music at eight thirty in the morning. What a treat. I tried to record it so we will see what has happened.

I could not get on the internet tonight even though we had borrowed a motem. Just not enough bars comming in on the motem to bring ineither the gmail or my blog. That is the way it is here.

So onward. I will write for the blog (for the third time tonight because I lost the last two before I could save it.)

Tuesday I taught a class in watercolor. They learned the what primary and secondary colors were and how to mix them. Some of them were so excited that thy could now mix there own paint colors that they kept going for two hours mixing and documenting their paints. Then they could paint anything they wanted to.

Wed. Carolee and I had a driver take us to Bakoba to shop. The only paper the children have seen was there note book paper with lines on it. In watercolor class I had brought some very good paper for them. On Thursday I taught drawing so we did not need good paper. I found decent printing paper for computers and I bought a whole bunch of that. I learned from a teacher (Mr. Roberts) that he wanted the students to learn about print making. So I am scrounging card board and found twine rope in town, With the white paint I found in town and the pigment I brought from home we will cobble together a printmaking class for next week. Sat. I am going to have an open studio so all the students who did not get to work with watercolors or learn drawing will have chance to come and try it out.


Tomorrow We are going to Ndologe Hospital. I am going to try and start a mural in the childrens area. Hopefully I will be able to get back and get it painted.






















 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Your journaling just warms my heart, it's just too bad you are unable to write everyday. But thank goodness you are able to periodically so that we can live part of this journey through you. Love that you sent more pictures.
    Love to you from all here and once again forwarding on this blog posting to many and dropping off a hard copy to Paul this Saturday morning. I'm sure he will be thrilled to finally get something this week. Take care and once again look forward to your next posting.

    ReplyDelete